Layne Forum Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading?

4 posters

Go down

What are you reading? Empty What are you reading?

Post  LaynesGirl Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:08 pm

What books are you reading?
LaynesGirl
LaynesGirl

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? Empty Re: What are you reading?

Post  Machel Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm totally stilli into historical romance. I suck.
Machel
Machel
Admin

https://layne.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LaynesGirl Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:26 pm

That doesn't suck! I'm reading 2 books one is a funny autobiography and the other is a HORROR autobiography of a serial killer from the 20's.
LaynesGirl
LaynesGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Machel Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:31 pm

sweet. what is the name of the horror one?
Machel
Machel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LaynesGirl Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

(First if all... YAY! U got your name and pic set up!) lol

It's called "Nothing is Strange with You" the life and crimes of Gordon Stewart Northcott (the serial killer from The Changeling movie)
This guy was so many kinds of FUCKED UP I almost get nervous to continue reading sometimes, so far it is really good!... MESSED UP but good.The fact that all of it is real is what keeps my jaw dropped most of the time.
LaynesGirl
LaynesGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Machel Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:19 pm

I'll have to check it out. I love to read that stuff. LOL
Machel
Machel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LaynesGirl Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:04 pm

LOL! My Mom saw this book on my coffee table and said... Good god why would u wanna read that? lol I said um... Hello??? Have we just met or something, I'm your demented child. I have a weird fascination with serial killers and forensics...stuff like that... Crime scenes, death stuff Very Happy
Yeah we are demented aren't we? lol
LaynesGirl
LaynesGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:29 am

I have just finished a book called I deliver me from evil by Alloma Gilbert, one of the 3 children who were terribly abused by their foster mother Eunice Spry, theres all sorts of evil in this world and Eunice Spry is up there for pure evil heres a link to explain it better

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/2098921.my_torment_at_the_hands_of_evil_foster_mother/

and the news report

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23389711-details/Sadistic+foster+mother%27s+19-year+reign+of+terror/article.do

it was very hard reading at times where i unashamedly cried for these children
Ellie
Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mdespain38 Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:55 am

Ellie that reminds me of a series I read by Dave Pelzer. He was a child of the 70's with I believe 2 brothers and he was the only one his mom abused. And she did some pretty horific things to him. He's written 3 books about it. They were really good and heart wrenching.

mdespain38

Back to top Go down

Post  mdespain38 Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:56 am

LaynesGirl wrote:(First if all... YAY! U got your name and pic set up!) lol

It's called "Nothing is Strange with You" the life and crimes of Gordon Stewart Northcott (the serial killer from The Changeling movie)
This guy was so many kinds of FUCKED UP I almost get nervous to continue reading sometimes, so far it is really good!... MESSED UP but good.The fact that all of it is real is what keeps my jaw dropped most of the time.

This sounds like a book I'd love to read! I'm going to try to find it.

mdespain38

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:58 pm

mdespain38 wrote:Ellie that reminds me of a series I read by Dave Pelzer. He was a child of the 70's with I believe 2 brothers and he was the only one his mom abused. And she did some pretty horific things to him. He's written 3 books about it. They were really good and heart wrenching.

Yes Mary i've read them too, also Eunice Spry the evil foster mother also read his books and got a few ideas from what happened to David and inflict them on her foster children sick fuck or what
Ellie
Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  LaynesGirl Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Oooh Ellie that sounds right up my alley! I'm gonna check it out, so thanks! Also I read this book called "A Child Called "It." and it was an autobiography of the author. It was a TOUGH read, not easy to read about a child going through unbelieveable amounts of abuse, some of it actually enraged me, I wanted to find his mother and string her up by her fucking toe nails and slowly torture her. Anyhow it was really good and stuck with me. I MADE myself finish it... it was tough.
LaynesGirl
LaynesGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellie Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 pm

David Pelzer that Mary is on about is the author of that book Kristen, was quite a harrowing read, i can't believe what some children have to go through in their young lives and still survive these stories make me so angry towards the evil parents/guardians yet total admire the children of abuse telling their stories
Ellie
Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post  mdespain38 Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:33 pm

LaynesGirl wrote:Oooh Ellie that sounds right up my alley! I'm gonna check it out, so thanks! Also I read this book called "A Child Called "It." and it was an autobiography of the author. It was a TOUGH read, not easy to read about a child going through unbelieveable amounts of abuse, some of it actually enraged me, I wanted to find his mother and string her up by her fucking toe nails and slowly torture her. Anyhow it was really good and stuck with me. I MADE myself finish it... it was tough.

Kristen there are 2 more that he wrote.

mdespain38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum